Annoutm allows you to add articles to the home page 'carousel' in order to highlight them on the home page. Here's an example:
Adding a Featured Image
To add a featured image, follow these steps:
- In the article editor, click the 'set featured image' link:
- This will open the 'set featured image' dialog:
From here, you can choose to upload a new image, or select from the existing images you've already uploaded. To use an existing image, click the 'Gallery' link, and the dialog will show the gallery tab:
You'll want to pick the 'medium' size (if not already selected), then click the 'Use as featured image' link, then click 'save all changes' and close the dialog.
- Once you've set up your featured image, it will show up in the article editor like this:
Be sure to check the 'Appear in the home page carousel' checkbox if you want the article image and abstract to appear there.
- Finally, save and publish your article.
- The carousel picks up the article abstract text. In some cases, your abstract may be too long to fit properly in the carousel box. As a workaround, you can create a separate stub article containing only the Abstract, image, and a link to the main article.